Protocol are looking for experienced Engineering Managers nationwide who are passionate about their industry, experienced in management, and would relish the opportunity to pass on their skills. Sound intriguing? Read on!
The engineering industry in the UK has experienced a massive boom in the last few years – but with a shortage of specialist management staff, the education and training sector is struggling to recruit managers who have the knowledge to lead their engineering departments. More students than ever want to learn a trade; but without great leadership, the providers can’t deliver great courses! With demand pushing wages up, and a wide range of different roles on offer – there’s truly never been a better time to start working in education.
There’s plenty of different management roles to consider within education, and not all of them need a traditional teaching qualification. Our clients are looking for curriculum managers, heads of department, programme managers, curriculum leads, and heads of school specialising in construction – and if you’d like to, many will even support you to undertake a teaching or assessing qualification while you’re working.
If you’re looking for a step up in your career, education is a great opportunity – engineering departments in education are only set to grow in the years to come, and there are some fantastic salaries and progression options on offer in the sector.
With varying contracts available, from interim and short-term to permanent – no matter your situation, we’re sure to have something to suit your lifestyle.
• Have previous management or consulting experience
• Be professionally qualified in your trade to a minimum of level 3
• Have at least 3 years of industry experience
• Previously mentored, trained or supported a junior member of staff (an apprentice is ideal)
Even better (but not essential) if you:
• Have a teaching qualification – PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed
• Have an assessing award – A1, IQA
• Have specialist qualifications in your subject area
• Have previous formal teaching or training experience
You’ll also need to undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training, as well as apply for an Enhanced DBS Certificate – but Protocol can help you through all of these!