Protocol are delighted to be working with an Engineering focused Training Provider based in the Midlands who are recuriting for 3 permanent, full time Engineering Trainers to join their growing team in either their Birmingham or Dudley site. You will be part of a team who specialise in the delivery of Apprenticeships to young people in the Engineering and Manufacturing sector where you will be responsible for the effective delivery and assessment of Engineering qualifications at Level 2 & 3 to 16-18 year old Apprentices.
- Delivering and assessing Level 3 units as part of the relevant Apprenticeship Framework (Performing Engineering Operations)
- Coaching in the workplace, providing guidance and training linked to the learners’ job role and the Apprenticeship programme
- Reviewing learners’ progress every 6 weeks, including update of Individual Learning Plans as required
- Assessing learners’ Work Based Evidence and portfolio work using a variety of assessment tools, ensuring a smart, holistic approach is adopted.
- Ensuring that all administrative requirements are followed so that the progress of each learner is readily available to colleagues, employers and learners
The person & qualifications
- Experience within the Engineering/Manufacturing sector and experience as a trainer and assessor in relation to Engineering qualifications (essential)
- Experience of training and assessing and hold a PTTLS or teaching qualification in addition to assessing qualifications (desirable)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.