Protocol are proud to be working with one of the country’s leading training providers whose vision is to be the number one provider of technology-based learning and skills. We are looking for truly exceptional Specialist English Trainer to work from our client’s North Yorkshire office and travel to deliver functional skills English to learners nationwide.
This role requires a high quality, committed and passionate trainer who will have a deep understanding of functional skills English and a real desire to transform learners’ lives and help employers to grow their business. The trainer will need a real passion for teaching and learning, be personable and engaging as well as organised and self-reliant. An enthusiastic professional with excellent experience of delivering functional skills English preferably to learners in the workplace and hold the appropriate level of qualification to meet Awarding Organisation requirements. As an essential car user, the trainer must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to their own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Working as part of the apprenticeship delivery team this role is required to work independently visiting learners at a variety of sites within our delivery regions. This trainer will responsible for the delivery of high-quality teaching, learning and assessment of functional skills English as well as be instrumental in the development of online learning packages to support the learning and development of all learners. This role will be fundamental in the organisation’s ambition to ensuring that learners gain the new knowledge and skills required to make exceptional progress with their development, pass their functional skills English tests and are ultimately successful in obtaining their qualification in a timely manner. There may also be an expectation for the delivery of functional skills ICT depending upon our apprentices’ needs.
- Deliver full training and support learners to achieve English qualifications up to Level 2. In addition, deliver full training and support learners to achieve ICT qualifications up to Level 2 (where appropriate).
- Develop resources and materials for Functional Skills English (and ICT where appropriate) including high quality ‘Schemes of Work’ and training plans.
- Manage a caseload of learners, providing customised high-quality delivery.
- Visit each Apprentice in the workplace on a regular basis in order to assess their progress and deliver teaching sessions. You will also carry out remote sessions in between face to face visits with learners.
- Infectious passion and commitment to the delivery of high quality, career defining and life changing education.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Structured and organised approach.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Professional appearance.
- English qualification (at level 3 or above).
- Teacher training qualification (at level 3 or above).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Successful experience of working in the modern training/education sector delivering functional skills English qualifications.
- Knowledge, skill and successful track record for the delivery of high-quality teaching, learning and assessment practice which contributes to excellent learner progress and outcomes.
- Good level of IT/digital skills.
- Strong organisational skills to manage apprenticeship caseloads, workplace visits and high-quality learning activity.
- Ability to manage a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve timely targets.
- Experience of using OneFile and For Skills software.
- Able to use all MS Office programs particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and power point and be familiar with other bespoke databases.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Commitment to high professional and personal standards of work and of conduct.
- ICT qualification (at level 3 or above)
- Experience or knowledge of ESOL delivery and delivery of entry level functional skills.
- Experience delivering GCSE English qualifications.
- TAQA assessment qualification
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.