We are working with a fantastic college in Wales who are looking for a Facilities Manager for a temporary ongoing position starting immediately. Offering an hourly rate of £20 per hour plus holiday pay, this college are looking to interview as soon as possible.
- Review the current plan for backlog maintenance and re prioritise with due consideration for compliance matters that have arisen
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Direct the work of the 5 Estates Operatives and liaise with the contractors on other sites to undertake day to day work (note that Line Management of the staff will be retained by a College Manager)
- Direct the work of Estates and Facilities contractors to ensure the planned and reactive maintenance work required is undertaken
- Write procurement specifications for upcoming service contract ‘tenders’ (with support from the Procurement Officer)
- Write monthly progress reports for internal management meetings
- Review current department processes and develop more up to date, robust systems and procedures – in particular, develop strong contractor control procedures including procurement, day-to-day contractor management, value for money confirmation and quality control; plus ensure that all contracts that have inter dependencies are appropriately managed
- Assist in informing a review of the future direction/structure of the Facilities and Estates function Essential Qualifications & Experience
The person & qualifications
- Level 6 qualification in a relevant discipline, relevant estates and facilities management experience
- Level 2 Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent)
- IT literate to level 3
- Experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues
- Experience of managing staff
- First Aid & Fire Marshall training / certificates
- Able to work flexibly including early mornings, evenings and weekends where required
- Able to travel as needed to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Candidates must be fully compliance checked- DBS dated in 12months or on the DBS update Service prior to start date and experience in a similar role.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.