We are delighted to be assisiting an education provider in the appointment of their next Finance Business Partner.
1. Drive the development and implementation of priority projects, identify continual improvement opportunities, and cost efficiencies.
2. Prepare and deliver financial performance report and trend analysis to a variety of stakeholders based upon their specific needs and circumstances.
3. Safeguard the achievement of financial performance targets by analysis current and future impact of strategic decisions, risks and opportunities on financial targets and KPI established by 3rd parties (e.g. Banks, Local Authority, ESFA).
4. Actively manage 3rd party relationship through the effective and efficient execution of performance /output criteria (e.g. Delivery of monthly and quarterly performance reports to bankers and the ESFA TU).
5. Assist with and improve organisational business case preparation and tailoring of resources to achieve optimal strategic effectiveness.
6. Validate and communicate all planning, budgeting and forecasting adjustments with the Head of Finance and the Financial Controller to ensure a consistency of understanding and delivery of meaningful financial reports.
7. Implement and embed internal and external bench marking to assist with objective performance assessment.
8. Work with Corporation colleagues to deliver agreed finance procedures and processes as well as developing a programme of financial awareness and literacy amongst those with financial and decision-making responsibilities.
9. Develop improved reporting mechanisms for programmes across the Corporation.
10. Provide financial leadership, relevant insight and challenge to colleagues in determining and delivering strategic objectives (e.g. student numbers, programme mix, fee structure).
11.Act as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy (e.g. system improvement, cost optimisation, etc.).
The person & qualifications
- CCAB qualification/equivalent
- Proven experience in the areas of financial planning, control and reporting
- Experience in the production of timely financial management information; budgetary review and variance analysis
- Ability to simplify financial systems and processes making reporting systems relevant
- Extensive experience of hands-on business partnering within a multi-site organisation.
- Demonstrable analytical and planning skills combined with a commercial perspective.
- Drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges
- Detailed understanding of recent developments in UK GAAP and FRS
- Ability to translate strategy into practical actions
For a full description or informal discussion please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or email@example.com.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.