We’re delighted to be working with a leading education organisation situated in North London with great transport links and a truly fantastic environment to work.
- Manage the College’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Ensure the provision of a continuous high class finance service to the College and its subsidiary companies through a quality finance team that proactively processes live transactions to generate timely, relevant and quality information and advice therein.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and rolling budgets, the three year plan and forecast income, pay and non-pay; liaise with budget holders to manage budgets and performance.
- Secure the reconciliation of all month end ledger balances to generate management accounts within five working days of each month; ensure the currency of postings to the main ledgers (cash, sales, purchase, salaries and nominal) by applying fast close processes ahead of month end.
- Issue monthly departmental contribution statements to budget holders; monitor and interpret departmental variances; discuss outcomes with the budget holder and assist them to resolve queries or operational difficulties. Review the outcome with the Executive Director of Finance and IT for reporting to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities; research and report on factors influencing business performance
- Develop and implement mechanisms to minimise financial risk.
- Ensure staff transact in accordance with College’s Financial Procedures; that value for money is pursued through the tendering process; that fraud and embezzlement are prevented; utilise modern working practices and processes.
The person & qualifications
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Strong experience in management within a full range of finance department activities
- High level financial planning, budgeting skills and report writing
- Experience of tax legislation and pension management to corporate advantage
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.