Protocol are proud to work with an innovative upstanding Training Provider looking for a Full-time Functional Skills Tutor based in Nuneaton. This progressive provider are looking for a motivated passionate Tutor to deliver Functional Skills to Learners going through their qualifications.
Benefits: up to £28,000 with a company car/car allowance
- To deliver training to learners on a one –to-one basis, in a classroom setting and online
- Conduct appropriate initial assessments to identify the starting point
- Create appropriate schemes of work and lesson plans
- Contribute to the development of learning materials and monitor learner progress
- Devise appropriate learner centred learning strategies
- Ensure that learners complete their award within a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of training and assessments
- Prepare learners for examinations
- Complete registers, reports and other statistical data as required for the training centre’s administrative purposes
- Participate in the selection and assessment of prospective learners and act as a personal tutor with responsibility for pastoral care, to conduct progress reviews at a minimum of every 12 weeks.
- Provide learning support for spelling, punctuation and grammar for learners on accredited vocational skills programmes.
- Liaise with other agencies, organisations, to ensure the effective delivery of the curriculum
- Attend and participate in team meetings and standardisation meetings
- Contribute to the development of new courses
- Contingency planning for course delivery
- Undertake staff development relevant to the needs of the Training Centre
- Keep up to date with sector developments and standards
- Participate in supervisions and reviews with your line manager
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably required of you, commensurate with your grade, at your initial place of work or at any of the other sites including outreach
The person & qualifications
- experience of delivering Functional Skills Maths and English to level 2 in a classroom based setting
- Level 2 English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Minimum of a Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) or equivalent
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.