Protocol are working with an FE College based in Hampshire. Our client is looking for an experienced GCSE & Functional Skills English Teacher on either a Temporary or Permanent basis – it will be full time hours 37 hours per week. They are paying a salary up to £34000 per annum (inclusive of Market rate) for permanent basis or £20 to £25ph + holiday pay for Temporary cover.
My client are looking to interview immediately
- Teach and assess on courses as agreed with the Strategic Manager for English
- Act as Personal Tutor to students as required and to deliver tutorials in line with the College Tutorial Policy
- Ensure students are correctly enrolled with the college and awarding bodies
- Maintain and co-ordinate course records, and collate schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment plans
- Pay due attention to the principles of effective learning such as ICT developments, learning styles, equality of opportunity, differentiation and support for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Maintain records of progress and co-ordinate reporting to interested parties
- Contribute to curriculum development and learning resources
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
- Develop and maintain and co-ordinate effective industrial links
- Organise and participate in relevant industrial visits
- Attend, contribute to and co-ordinate where necessary relevant college events, including guidance, enrolment, open events, Parents’ Evenings and Awards Evening as appropriate
- Participate, as a team member, in the development of teaching methods and strategies towards an ethos of continuing improvement
- Carry out Quality Assurance and Self Assessment procedures in line with the College’s Quality Policy
- Contribute to the School Development Plans
- Participate in the College’s Lesson Observation Scheme
- To present the college in the best light at all times and ensure that all areas of personal activity comply with standards laid down by the college and relevant outside agencies.
- Undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and College development as agreed through the College Individual Professional Review process.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of the College.
- To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and students
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
The person & qualifications
- Recognised Teaching Qualification
- Proven track record of delivering GCSE & Functional Skills English
- Degree in English (or similar subject area)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.