Protocol are working on an exciting vacancy in partnership with a charitable organisation. We are recruiting for an experienced head of finance or IT who would work 4 days per week on a permanent basis based in the North London.
- The Head of Finance and IT manages the Finance, IT, HR and Customer Services functions across the organisation
- The Head of Finance and IT is a member of the Senior Management Team, along with the Chief Executive and Director of Services
- To ensure all internal services are fully integrated and focused on internal customers, providing a service that is flexible and responsive to need
- To ensure that the Finance department runs smoothly and is able to meet current and future strategic objectives
- As part of Senior Management Team, to contribute to strategy, policy, planning and risk management
- Report to Board and coordinate the Finance Committee
- To ensure the IT network and database work effectively, efficiently and fully meet business requirements through contract managing the outsourced service provider
The person & qualifications
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Manage resources by contributing to raising funds and maximizing the impact of all our resources, whether physical assets or staffing
- Ability to negotiate successfully, demonstrating tact and diplomacy and commanding respect
- Ability to lead the Finance and IT department to achieve excellent standards
- Experience of developing strategic financial plans, including risk planning
- Experience of developing and maximising the impact of IT systems
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.