Are you a dynamic and outstanding leader with extensive knowledge and experience of designing and developing learning and professional development programmes and activities for external clients? Do you have excellent project leadership and management experience?
Protocol are working with a leading expert in the field of career development, who focus research, development and innovation expertise in fields related to career development, career-related learning and development of employability and related skills.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Learning and Professional Development who can work with our client’s community to lead and deliver learning and professional development strategy, and support the Senior Management Team (SMT) by contributing to our overall development and growth.
- Develop and deliver the learning and professional development strategy
- Diversify the e-learning infrastructure, including content development to increase engagement and reach of Vitae products and services
- Deliver agreed growth targets, contracts and commitments leading co-ordination of internal and external resource
- Secure new business and income, driving ideas and opportunities for business development and writing proposals
- Work with counterparts in client, stakeholder and partner organisations to deliver agreed strategic aims, proposals and contracts
- Develop and review programmes, products, and services
- Design and drive co-development and updating of materials to keep Vitae products and services market-leading
- Manage coordination and delivery of programmes and resources, managing key internal and external relationships
- Develop and implement quality assurance mechanisms to uphold standards and build reputation
- Gather evidence of reach and impact of learning and professional development and provide regular reporting to clients, senior management and the Board
- Provide regular management information and impact analysis on progress for internal and external reporting
- Ensure effective communication internally and externally including with Associates, partners and suppliers
- Manage team to achieve their objectives and targets, and drive culture of continuous improvement
- Work closely with the Head of Higher Education Engagement and Head of Finance and Resources to drive business development and project management across the organisation continuously improving business practices and procedures
Knowledge and Experience
- Substantial experience of strategic development and design of training and professional development programmes and activity
- Excellent proven programme and project management skills
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects on time and on budget
- Experience of quality assurance, analysis and evaluation of impact
- Proven track record of building trust and respect with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of growing and developing new business
- Knowledge of current learning and professional development trends, preferably recognised through a professional qualification
- Business awareness with sensitivity to non-commercial goals
- Client, team and community focused
- Preferable – experience of working with universities in the UK and internationally in relation to researcher, staff or career development
- Excellent strategic development skills
- Excellent project leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Use appropriate and available information (eg Training Needs Analysis) and devise a suitable programme
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- High level analytical skills
- Appropriate IT skills
- Ability to establish, communicate and manage through processes and procedures
- Strong leadership skills in the supervision and development of staff
- A pro-active individual with good interpersonal skills to inform, support and involve colleagues across the organisation where appropriate
- Ability to be flexible and to work under pressure, using sound time management and prioritisation skills in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation, & persuasion
- Demonstrable commitment to the concept of a learning organisation, including own personal development
Please note that the closing date for this role is 21st January and CVs will not be reviewed beforehand. Interviews to take place 6th and 7th February.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.