We are delighted to be working with an education provider based is North London to appoint their next Head of Media and Film Studies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for GCSE and A level offerings.
- Curriculum – to oversee all work within the Media Department and ensure that the learning experiences offered to students are relevant to their needs and challenging to students to achieve beyond expectation and are in accordance with national guidelines.
- Professional Support -to advise and support Department members in order to promote their development and to facilitate the effective development of the Department.
- Communication -to convene regular Department meetings and ensure that minutes are kept
- Resources – to ensure that Department capitation is allocated and spent appropriately in consultation with your Head of Faculty
The person & qualifications
- be a well qualified, talented classroom teacher;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have excellent organisational skills;
- have thorough subject knowledge and be able to inspire a love of learning;
- demonstrate a commitment to their own learning with evidence of further studies;
- have pastoral experience of PSHE and/or a commitment to being a form tutor;
- be committed to working and learning in a collaborative, innovative team with high standards committed to raising expectations and achievement of all students;
- have up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of, children and young people;
- displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people;
- be willing to take on additional responsibilities within the Faculty;
- be a confident ICT user;
For a full job description or an informal conversation, please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.