We are delighted to be assisting a further education college with the appointment of their new Head of Sixth Form.
The successful candidate will have a record of success in curriculum management and ideally this will include experience of managing A Level and GCSE curriculum. A good understanding of awarding body regulations is also required, alongside up to date knowledge of curriculum reform. You should also have knowledge of value-added methodology, financial budgets, excellent IT skills and a good understanding of Further Education funding.
- To maximise student recruitment, retention and achievement.
- To line manage members of staff organised in curriculum teams who design, deliver and develop a portfolio of courses within a subject and/or vocational area.
- To lead, manage and develop the Sixth Form’s curriculum experience and support all students, particularly 16-18 year olds
- Development of excellent practice in teaching and learning and assessment, student support and enrichment programmes.
The person & qualifications
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- An advanced level teaching qualification recognised by the FE sector (PGCE, DET or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience in Further Education
- A skilled practitioner in teaching and learning, and experience of implementing strategies to improve attendance and retention
- Experience of successful curriculum management
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Matthew Bates on 0115 911 1136 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.