We are delighted to be assisting an education provider with the appointment of their next Head of Technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a similar department and have a strong technology background, having specialised in one of the following: Construction, engineering, electrical or plumbing.
This is a very exciting time to join this provider as they enter into a period of growth. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a drive to move the department forward.
- Lead the design and delivery of the curriculum, in the specialist area of learning, having regard to the strategic direction of the College, and taking account of both funding constraints and learner outcomes
- Control the teaching resource within the Learning Area, ensuring maximisation of efficiency of that resource.
- Performance manage all staff within the Learning Area
- Create and manage KPI’s for the Learning Area, matching the expectations of the Common Inspection Framework
- Attain knowledge of, and closely monitor, each learner within the Learning Area, ensuring a high quality learner experience
- Manage and facilitate change so Central Bedfordshire College becomes and remains the first choice learning provider for 16-19 year olds in the locality.
The person & qualifications
- Ability to provide effective direction and leadership
- Ability to manage and facilitate change
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening to, and engaging others, with a willingness to challenge under performance honestly
- High standard teaching skills
- Understanding of the requirements of the Apprenticeships Framework both nationally and in the local environment
- Degree and/or Management qualification
- Teaching Certificate equivalent to QTLS
- Subject/vocational specialism
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.