Protocol are working on behalf a leading training provider in order to recruit for an experienced Health and Safety Manager. The role of the Health & Safety Manager in its simplest form is to ensure company compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation and relevant national and international standards and best practice and to actively promote health & safety improvements as a business imperative across the whole organisation.
- Advise on planning, implementing and maintaining an Integrated Management System (IMS) comprising of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality management systems, including policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining the relevant performance standards of ISO 9001; ISO 14001; & BS OHSAS 18001;
- Ensuring that the Company is aware of all new developments in Health & Safety legislation or standards and the subsequent requirements affecting all company’ operations;
- Ensure effective implementation of the IMS policies through the development of a positive Health & Safety culture;
- Ensure that risk assessments and risk control procedures are clearly identified and provide assistance in their compilation and implementation;
- Ensure the day to day implementation and monitoring of the Health & Safety policy manual;
- Collate and analyse Health & Safety performance data on a monthly basis against defined parameters (i.e. industry best practice; local and national priorities; etc.)
The person & qualifications
- A creative, inventive outlook and the ability to articulate and implement your ideas
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Member of IOSH or similar professional body
- Holds minimum of NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ
- A minimum of five years experience as a Health & Safety Practitioner
- License to drive a motor vehicle for travel throughout Cumbria
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.