Protocol are proud to be working with an esteemed Training Provider specialising in the Advanced Technology sector. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in Health and Safety seeking a training role in an exciting environment.
Salary: £28k-£34,000 per annum, Dependent on qualifications and experience
Location: Sellafield/West Cumbria
Closing Date: Open
The role of the Health & Safety Trainer is to design, develop and deliver a range of safety programmes covering all aspects of conventional health safety
The role may also include other tasks as directed by the Training Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Deliver accredited and in-house Health and Safety Training (e.g. Nebosh General, IOSH Managing Safely, Safety Passport, Risk Assessment, Working at Heights
– Complete and mark assessments
– Develop new and update existing materials
– Design bespoke courses to meet customer needs
– Liaise with customers to identify their specific requirements
– Liaise with Awarding Bodies
– NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum
– Chartered status (or prepared to/working towards)
– Member of IOSH or similar professional body
– A minimum of four years experience as Health & Safety Practitioner
– Experience of delivering Health & Safety Training
– Holds full Driving License
– Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
– Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
– Supportive to individuals with a range of learning styles
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Ability to work in varying environments
– Demonstrate a passion for developing others
– Committed to personal development
– Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.