Protocol are currently recruiting for a highly regarded FE College in Lincolnshire for a Full Time Permanent Instructor / Assessor in Construction Management. They will consider someone who has worked in industry and who is keen to teach the younger generation.
Our client are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and would like to interview immediately. They are offering a salary based on experience and qualifications.
1. To deliver training, plan and conduct on site work based assessments and reviews in line with college and awarding body organisation procedures.
2. To support student learning through training, observation, assessment, instruction, guidance and other appropriate means.
3. To provide a wide range of Learning, Teaching and Assessment (LAT) strategies to support individual apprentice/ learner progress in knowledge, skills and behaviours on construction technical and professional management programmes.
4. To undertake construction technical and professional workshops/inductions.
5. To be actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment.
6. To provide appropriate Information, advice and guidance (IAG) to learners when joining an apprentice for the first time and then if progressing to the next apprentice level.
7. To be responsible for the supervision, tuition, review, assessment and internal verification of learner performance, according to the requirements of the programme.
8. To complete and maintain student records, portfolios and other paperwork connected to learner programmes and apprenticeship frameworks in a timely manner and line with college and awarding organisation procedures.
9. To undertake relevant professional development to stay abreast of changes to curriculum and so maintain professional standards and expertise.
10. To accept responsibility for the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunities policy throughout all personal contacts in the College and within this area of responsibility.
11. To maintain quality standards appropriate to the post.
12. To conform with the Health and Safety requirements relevant to the post.
13. To contribute towards the development of an inclusive learning environment.
14. To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners within the role.
The person & qualifications
- Teaching Qualification or be willing to work towards one
- Assessing / IV Qualification or be willing to work towards one
- Industry experience within Construction
- Level 4 Qualification in Construction Technical & Professional
- Experinece in Surveying and Civil Engineering
- Active CSCS Card
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade C or above
- Excellent interpersonal and IT skills
- Access to own transport as some travelling between locations my be required
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.