Protocol are working on behalf of a leading Awarding Body. We are looking for Insurance End-Point Assessors under the new standards. For this role, occupational competency is key. The ideal candidate is someone who has recently carried out the role, to be assessed, themselves and who also has a good understanding of the new apprenticeship standards.
The role will be flexible around the candidate in relation to both location and days of work. The expectation is that the role will be around 20 days per year.
The following are different areas of insurance that an apprentice could be involved in, depending on the type of business they are working in and the needs of their employer.
– Broking: providing technical support in administering the insurance arrangements of new or existing clients, negotiating and arranging cover to meet their needs
– Client Management: managing the business relationship for a portfolio of clients, determining and evaluating their insurance requirements and identifying opportunities for revenue growth Underwriting: working for an insurer assessing requests for insurance, deciding what cover to offer and what premium to charge
– Claims: working for an insurer assessing, investigating and settling insurance claims or for an insurance broker providing support and advice to clients who need to make a claim
– Operations: working in one of a number of business support areas, such as analysing and evaluating data or ensuring compliance with regulatory and business procedures
– Loss Adjusting: providing specialist expertise in investigating and negotiating insurance claims on behalf of the insurer and making recommendations for settlement
– Reinsurance: providing technical support for the arrangement of insurance for insurers, allowing them to spread their risk Risk Management: providing guidance to clients on how to identify and manage risk within their business
– Product and Pricing: supporting the development of products to meet identified client needs, together with the associated pricing strategy
– Complaint Handling: assessing and investigating complaints from clients and negotiating their resolution to achieve a positive outcome for the customer
The person & qualifications
– Recent/current occupation experience
– Assessing qualification – desirable
– Educated to degree level
– Flexible with workload
– Engaging and passionate about education
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.