We are delighted to be working with a further education college based in the West Midlands to appoint their next Head of Department – Construction and Professional Building Services.
This is a fixed term contract opportunity for the rest of the academic year.
- Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- Line Management – to undertake line management of staff in the specialist area.
- Course Planning – the post holder will have overall responsibility for planning the courses and associated activities within the area.
- Course Organising – the post holder will have responsibility for ensuring that all planned activity is appropriately organised within the area.
- Course Monitoring – the post holder will have responsibility for monitoring quality and ensuring appropriate quality improvement strategies are deployed within the Construction and Professional Building Services area.
- Course Quality Assurance – the post holder will act as lead internal verifier for the awarding bodies for their curriculum area; this will involve planning the internal verification process and ensuring internal verification is undertaken appropriately.
- Course Quality Improvement – the post holder will have the responsibility to support improvement in teaching, learning and assessment within their area.
The person & qualifications
- Demonstrate core teaching competencies
- Planning and organising learning
- Demonstrate teaching and learning skills
- Demonstrate assessment skills
- Driving student progression
- Demonstrate Core management Competencies
- To have experience and a full understanding of the management of curriculum, staffing and courses in a curriculum area.
- To have experience of and be able to manage curriculum and staffing.
- To have a demonstrable record of excellent student success in an area within the curriculum area and the utilisation of data, student feedback and emerging trends.
- To have a full understanding and knowledge of safeguarding.
- To be able to facilitate improvement and innovation.
- To be able to effectively and collaboratively plan the delivery strategy for the curriculum area.
- To be able to identify innovation that support teaching and learning and plan the best and most suitable delivery to ensure student success.
- To be able to effectively plan the courses, staff, resources and timetables to create an effective learning environment that generates success for students.
- Educated to a full Level 4 in a construction or professional construction qualification or a directly related discipline.
- Internal Verification Award
- Teacher Qualified
- Experience as a FE Manager working with students.
- Experience in the management and delivery of L4 construction qualifications
- Extensive Industrial experience in the Construction Industry sector
- Clear understanding of the Construction Industry needs and strategies to meet skills required.
- Proven track record of curriculum development
- Proven track record of improving and sustaining above benchmark success rates.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating student progress to improve success rates.
For a full job description or an informal conversation please contact Emily on 0115 911 1123 or email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.