Protocol are proud to be working with an Ofsted Grade 1 training provider based in West Cumbria. Who provide a diverse range of employer-led training, including engineering apprenticeships, degree courses and postgraduate programmes. The company has established strong partnerships with academia including the Universities of Manchester, Central Lancashire and Cumbria.
Due to expanding training business, Our Client is seeking to appoint a Junior IT Technician. The position would suit a highly-motivated individual with a keen interest in the development and delivery of innovative and effective training programmes with a strong vocational element.
- The role is a customer facing role and the main duties would be:
- Providing first and second line support to staff and students, this may be remotely, over the phone or face to face.
- Visiting classrooms repairing issues with display screen equipment in the classrooms.
- Ensure that helpdesk tickets are resolved in compliance with the company SLA agreement.
- Provide admin support and update IT financial records as required to the IT department as required.
- Attend weekly helpdesk meetings updating the IT team on the status of tickets within the helpdesk.
- Work within the IT team to provide support to staff and students across the clients network, supporting around 800 devices over 5 sites running Windows 10.
- Creating user accounts for staff, students and commercial course visitors.
- Providing training to staff on the clients IT systems.
- Using System Centre Configuration Manager to deploy operating systems and applications to clients.
- Configure and deploy a range of hardware to support staff and students across the company.
- Take part in active support visits to the clients sites across Cumbria.
- Create and maintain documentation on the use of systems to assist staff, students and the sharing of knowledge within the IT department.
- Provide support to the VLE as required.
- Assist IT Technicians and IT Support Lead with infrastructure work as required.
- The opportunity to develop skills within the IT industry. Time will be given to develop skills and access to online training will be provided as well as in department training.
- Extra out of hours work may be required.
The person & qualifications
- Good communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing training and developing their skills within the department.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about having a career in IT.
- Ability to work on their own as well as work as part of a team.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to drive.
- Previous experience using Active Directory and Windows Server preferred.
- 800+ devices on the network ranging from laptops, desktops, tablet and mobile devices.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server 2019.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Cisco Networking Equipment.
- Veeam Backup Recovery and Replication.
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus accredited.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.