Job title: Learning Support Assistant
Location: Central London
Salary: £11-£13 per hour
Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
Contract type: Full academic year
Protocol are working with a Further Education College in London to recruit a team of compassionate, understanding Learning Support Assistants.
This fantastic college offers a wide range of academic and vocational courses for both 16-19 year olds and adult learners, in addition to courses in local community centres, and has award-winning on-site facilities. Their SEND provision is a huge priority, with specialist courses and purpose-built facilities designed to help support students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Our client is looking for compassionate LSAs who are confident in supporting students with a wide range of mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties.
These contracts are term time only and run for the full academic year, paying up to £13 per hour.
The college will support the right applicants with further training where necessary, so we are keen to hear from anyone who feel they could be a good fit for this role.
- Work closely with learners who have mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
- Work across multiple sites with multiple students
- Motivate and engage disadvantaged students to succeed in their education
- Work on both a 1-1 basis and with groups of learners
The person & qualifications
- Strong knowledge of mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
- Previous experience working directly with learners with mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties preferred (but not essential)
- Resilient and able to work effectively with challenging students
- Excellent understanding of safeguarding practices
- Good IT skills
- Fluent in English
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Passionate about supporting students to achieve their potential
- Able to build trust with students and the rest of the team
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.