Are you a Learning Support Worker/Assistant? Do you have experience working with visually impaired members of staff?
Protocol are pleased to present a fantastic long term part time position at an excellent college based in Merseyside.
We are looking to recruit a Learning Support Worker to provide 1:1 support for a visually impaired member of staff within the colleges Motor Vehicle Department.
The position is to start as soon as possible and will be ongoing long term for approx 20 hours per week.
- You will need to provide 1:1 support for a visually impaired member of staff in the College’s Motor Vehicle Department.
- The member of staff requiring the support is employed as a Lecturer and a Trainer/Assessor therefore support will be required in the College environment and in workplaces. You may be required to drive the Lecturer to where the learners will be working.
- Assist with non-teaching activities.
- You will be required to support the Lecturer in the classroom/workshop and work placements, duties can include:
• Reading students’ work
• Assisting with practical activities in the workshop
• Handwriting assessments and observations
• Assist with the completion of reference sheets
• Preparation of lecture material for student courses
• Attendance at team meetings as and when required
The person & qualifications
- Clean driving licence and access to a car (in order to drive the member of staff to workplaces to assess/train Apprentices).
- Working with students/ members of staff who are visually impaired would be an advantage.
- Level 2 qualification, or equivalent, in Literacy and Numeracy Qualification.
- You must have experience working as Learning Support Assistant in a previous role
- You must have a valid DBS on the Update Service
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.