We are delighted to be assisting an education provider in the Greater Manchester area with the appointment of their next management accountant.
This a full time permanent position.
- Provide support to the Head of Finance.
- Provide support in the continuous development of the section; reviewing working practices and reflecting changes that may occur within the Education and Financial sector.
- Prepare the monthly monitoring report for salary and agency budgets v spend; notifying the Deputy Principal and Director of HR of variances, and where necessary liaise with the members of the Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounting reports including Governor packs in accordance with the monthly timetable which includes calculating any associated accruals and prepayments for the period and conducting full analytical review with variance analysis for the Deputy Principal and Head of Finance
- To assist in the production of Year End Statutory Accounts
- Responsible for budgets – monitoring, setting, virements, upload and forecasting and to assist in the 3 year planning.
- To provide monthly reports for business review and attend relevant associated meetings to discuss.
- Carry out monthly reconciliations as applicable to role.
- Run reports for the VAT consultant.
- Prepare a financial model for capturing contribution analysis.
- Manage College financial ledgers (namely general/purchase/sales) ensuring accounts are reconciled monthly and investigate variances.
- Set up coding and mapping to accounts including system administration.
- Provide financial advice and training to Budget Managers and their staff.
- Assist in the continuous development of the finance package, and other software systems used by the section, contributing to innovation and sharing good practice.
- Preparing information for internal and external auditors, inspectors and other external parties.
- Complete financial returns as required, to comply with associated legislation or regulations.
The person & qualifications
- A professionally recognised qualification in accountancy (eg CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, ICA) is essential
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role is essential
- Experience of setting, monitoring and forecasting budgets is essential.
- Previous exposure to audits is essential.
- A willingness to undertake self and professional development is essential.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.