We at Protocol are currently recruiting for a Leadership & Management Tutor, this will be home based and working across group sites in Hertfordshire/North London on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be responsible for providing high quality mentoring and coaching to learners on our Leadership & Management programmes. You will engage and organise our learners to complete planned assessments in the work place on leadership & management subjects in a range of business sectors.
- Be actively involved in and support the recruitment, sign-up, induction and initial assessment of learners.
- Promote and hold high expectations of all students and what they can achieve.
- Liaise with employers and apprentices to develop learning and delivery plans that meet the needs, and support timely achievement.
- Support learners to enhance their soft skills and progress within the workplace.
- Contribute to the development and formative assessment of learners to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment, supporting learners in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Deliver outstanding learning and assessment through creative methods.
- Support learners to engage and develop maths and English skills through use of BKSB.
- Undertake effective progress reviews and set SMART targets with employers and learners to monitor progress and support development and timely achievement. Support learners to undertake practical assessments, providing the relevant paperwork and record keeping to comply with awarding body and end-point assessment requirements.
- Ensure full quality compliance with OneFile e-portfolio system to support learners’ timely progress and meet Awarding Body, SFA and Ofsted requirements.
- Liaise with learner support functions, external agencies and parents/carers to ensure that learners make good or better progress.
- Undertake, and support programme colleagues with the administration of delivery.
- Comply with agreed learner retention, attendance and success measure processes
The person & qualifications
- A passion for training and skills Proven competence and experience in delivering retail, leadership and management development programmes
- A track record in personal delivery of leadership and management development programmes to senior leaders
- The necessary skills to observe learners and/or apprentices in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain the required qualifications
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure that learner progress is successful and sustainable
- Ability to coach and mentor learners High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities that increase income Relevant Management qualification (e.g. Level 5 Certificate/Diploma in Management) or relevant occupational competence
- Ability to deliver up to Level 5 Management Diploma (typically CMI/ILM)
- GCSE A*-C or equivalent in maths and English.
- An understanding of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning
- A strong team player who engages in team communications to ensure that all elements of student progress are effectively monitored and co-ordinated by the team
- Organised flexible individual who prioritises tasks and manages their time efficiently
- Experience of working in financial services is advantageous Knowledge or experience of Microsoft Office suite, online portfolio systems and accounting or financial sector desirable Assessment and verification qualifications are desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.