Protocol are recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join a vehicle training academy who work with well-known car manufacturers. We are seeking a Technical Training Instructor who is competent in the motor vehicle field to work with apprentices of Motor Vehicle qualifications.
The Technical Training Instructor is responsible for all day to day aspects of the delivery and assessment of training to groups of learners and in consultation with the Centre Manager, makes decisions in relation to the needs and opportunities for each Learner within the context of provision and targeted progression opportunities.
- Responsible for delivering and managing all components of learner progress through to achievement
- Arranging and invigilating examinations
- Arranging and conducting skills testing
- Developing and updating training courses
- Maintain learner records for all learners and update reporting details
- Ensure consistency between Technical Training Instructor records and Learner data stored in the Toyota recording systems ensuring that it is accurate and up to date at all times
- Mentor learners
- Actively promote equal opportunities and diversity in accordance with our policy to ensure that no individual is discriminated against
- Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of learner and customer sensitive information
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation
- Liaise regularly with your manager on learner ’s progress, welfare, and health and safety issues.
- Liaise with your manager on training issues
- Maintenance and development of training aids, workshop facilities and resources
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Attend staff meetings and forums and contribute to specific development projects
- Keep up to date with technical and academic knowledge
- Contribute to process of continual improvement
- Promote efficient use of resources with particular emphasis on reducing the detrimental effects of such resource use on the environment
- Be committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of all learners and staff
The person & qualifications
- Assessing qualification
- Appropriate level of occupational competence
- Full Driving License holder
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Safeguarding course
- Teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed or NVQ equivalent)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.