Protocol are partnered with an exceptional college based in East London. Together we are searching for a permanent gaming lecturer to start in August 2019. The successful candidate will be working 22 hours per week
- The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Outstanding approach to curriculum delivery using project based methods of learning
- Plan and deliver exciting gaming lessons that support learner retention, achievement and progression
- Model and encourage the highest standards from team and learners
- Ensure a high standard industry experience for learners with guest speakers and visits
- Track progress of learners and initiate support plans
- Complete learner one to one tutorials and individual learning plans
- Attend weekly team meetings with colleagues using KPI data to track learner progress
- Ensure feedback and marking is timely and supports learner progression
- Experience of internal verification of both assignments and assessment decisions
The person & qualifications
- Experience making 2D and 3D games in Unity with a visual scripting tool such as Playmaker or Bolt
- Experience of animation workflows in Unity, Maya and Photoshop
- Experience of workflows between Maya, Photoshop and Unity
- Experience of 2D and 3D asset creation for games
- Required software: Unity, Photoshop, Visual scripting tool such as Playmaker or Bolt
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.