Are you a qualified Plumbing/Heating Assessor? Do you have strong industry experience?
Protocol are pleased to present a FANTASTIC full time (37 hours per week) permanent opportunity at a FE College based in Gloucestershire.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Plumbing and Heating Assessor to join a college that has received national recognition for its innovative apprenticeships programme, winning the Association of Colleges (AoC) Award for the promotion and delivery for successful apprenticeships.
The primary role of the assessor is to assess learners’ performance and/or related knowledge in a range of tasks and to ensure that the competence and/or knowledge demonstrated meets the requirements of the apprenticeship frameworks or standards.
This position will see the successful candidate join a vibrant team and receive an excellent benefit packages and a competitive salary between £25,309 – £31,805 depending on your skills, qualifications and experience.
With the closing date of 15.04.19 soon approaching apply today so you don’t miss out! All applications will be reviewed immediately with the view of arranging interviews W/C 22nd April.
- You will work across a range of Level 2 and 3 qualifications to deliver flexible, high quality training/assessments in the work based training area
- Motivate, inspire and lead learners in the achievement of their qualifications
- Support, train and guide learners and develop their personal and professional attitudes, skills and abilities with regard to assessment and verification
- Guide and support learners as to the required evidence for their NVQ or apprenticeship standard and to make judgements about that evidence
- Assess learners and provide feedback demonstrating a clear understanding of minimum requirements for competence whilst embedding English and Maths
- Liaise with other assessors, internal verifiers, Apprenticeship Managers and the Director of Employer Training and to attend meetings
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety regulations and assist the College in the implementation of its own Health & Safety Policy.
The person & qualifications
- You must hold an Assessor qualification (A1 Award of CAVA)
- You must hold a minimum level 3 qualification within Plumbing/Heating or advanced craft.
- Experience in assessing, planning, controlling and implementing Apprenticeship programs up to and including level 3
- Up to date knowledge of specialist area/industry
- Experience of working with an e-portfolio system is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working closely with employers and apprentices and be able to demonstrate an ability to train, assess and verify to required standards
- You must hold a valid DBS on the Update Service or be willing to complete one if successful.
- You must have access to your own vehicle and a full driving licence.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.