A fantastic opportunity is available at a sixth form college based in Leicestershire.
Protocol are pleased to be working with an inclusive, open-minded college, which are passionate about our students, staff, and positive about the future.
Are you passionate about improving the success of learners?
The position will for an ongoing position to start immediately, full time hours available until May. There is a chance that this role will become permanent.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
To have primary responsibility for overseeing the academic progress of the students in their care. This will include supporting students in planning for and making applications to their preferred post college progression route.
- To support and coach students in achieving their full potential via target setting and action planning
- To provide regular one to one and group support for a caseload of students to monitor attendance, performance and progress.
- To monitor student progress against minimum expected grades.
- To monitor student attendance, punctuality, commitment and general conduct.
- To refer students for more specialist support as required.
- To liaise with other staff as well as parents / carers over the progress of their caseload of students including organising and attending meetings with key stakeholders as required.
- To contribute to the arrangements for monitoring and evaluating the progress and outcomes of students, to include tracking student destinations
Daily rate: £80-£85 per day TBC
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent
- Experience working with young people
- An honours degree
- Qualification in guidance, mentoring, youth work, counselling or other related area
- Experience of working in a Post 16 education setting
- Experience of working in one of the following areas educational support, youth work or careers guidance.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.