A fantastic full time permanent job opportunity is available at a college based in Greater Manchester that has recently been recognised as ‘GOOD’
Protocol are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a excellent team, all feedback has been very positive from current staff working there
This position has many great benefits including excellent rates of pay up to £22,000 P/A so apply today so you don’t miss out!
- Maintain the college supplier database, including setting up new suppliers when required.
- Responsible for inputting authorised requisitions onto the College Accounting system to generate purchase orders
- Matching invoices and purchase orders and processing against the appropriate supplier ledger, investigating variances when necessary and accounting for accruals and prepayments
- Liaison with College staff and suppliers regarding the ordering and invoicing of supplies and services
- Responsible for the supplier and bursary payment runs including the processing and inputting of all bank transfers and manual cheques.
- Monitoring budgets within the Commitment Accounting and advise the Purchase Ledger Supervisor of potential overspends.
- To act as clerical support for the section including filing documents for easy retrieval, posting all orders, cheques and remittances to suppliers and posting statements to customers and the gatekeeper for the master coding list
The person & qualifications
- A good general standard of education including Maths and English Grade A*-C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is essential.
- You must be AAT qualified (minimum to be studying level 4)
- A minimum of 12 months clerical/administrative experience is essential.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Office applications, is essential particularly spread-sheeting at intermediate level or above
- Experience of operating a computerised accounting package is desirable
- You must have a valid DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.