Protocol are recruiting on behalf of a leading training provider based within Cumbria for a Marketing Officer to join their School Engagement team. The primary focus of this role will be to lead and deliver a round year programme of school engagement activities and cultivate productive relationships with schools across Cumbria to promote apprenticeships and the client. The activities will be focused on Years 10 through to 13 and will involve school talks at events such as assemblies, one to one careers events, information and guidance work, CV development and events and visits. While the engagement is focused on those choosing their post-school progression options, there will also be a smaller element of community awareness activities involving younger children.
- Development of strong working relationships with schools and careers advisors, providing information, advice and guidance and arranging school engagement opportunities.
- Writing, designing and production of corporate literature, including case studies, company templates, products brochures, etc. in both physical and digital mediums.
- Using digital marketing mediums effectively to ensure that Gen2 remains at the forefront in these mediums and is making best use of these technologies to reach our target audience. Technologies will include, but not be limited to, the Gen2 website, Facebook page, Twitter and Linked-In. Providing an active monitoring service and liaising with relevant staff to respond in a timely manner via these mediums.
The person & qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent customer facing skills and confidence engaging the public
- A flexible approach to working, including outside normal business hours to fulfil the engagement role
- A creative, inventive outlook and the ability to articulate and implement your ideas
- Familiarity and an understanding of social networking products such as Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter. There will be a need to perform updates and uploads to the web site using a content management systems.
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.