We are working with a fantastic college in South West London who are looking for a temporary Senior IT Support Engineer. This is a full time role and could go permanent for the right candidate. If you are immediately available then this could be the role for you. They are looking to interview and start ASAP.
- Responsible for managing, configuring and supporting a large enterprise wired and wireless networks. With a working knowledge of networking protocols TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP. Installing, configuring, securing, maintaining and supporting the network infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, and wireless access points
- Managing and maintaining the Hyper V/VMware ESX environment, managing virtual servers, virtual machines, virtual networking and data stores, storage area networks including storage
- Managing and configuring internal and external IT Security systems including firewalls, web filtering and Network Anti-Virus
- Managing and administrating an Office 365 environment including Exchange online, One Drive and SharePoint online
- Systems administration of a range of technical architectures in existence, predominantly Microsoft Windows Server 2012-16 including Active Directory
- Setting up and configuring equipment such as servers and desktops, performing regular safety and serviceability checks, ensuring any defective equipment is repaired or replaced in a timely and in a cost-effective manner
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to a level 4 (or equivalent) in a computer related discipline.
- Significant and varied work experience of providing specialist IT support in the context of organisations with a complex IT infrastructure
- Practical experience providing management and support of IT security systems including internal and external firewalls, web filtering, and anti-virus
- Practical experience in the management and administration of an Office 365 environment, which includes Exchange, One Drive and sharePoint Online, ADFS, and Hybrid cloud environments
- Excellent management and implementation skills of the virtual server environment maintaining VM servers, virtual networking, storage and data stores
- Appropriate VMware or Microsoft Certification (VCP, MCP) – Desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.