Due to continued growth our client are looking for Assessors in Health and Social Care. We are looking for Assessors who can engage and inspire their learners helping us to achieve outstanding success rates and learner satisfaction.
This exciting role is field based throughout Cambridgeshire over a variety of locations from employer sites, to meeting venues. You will need to have full use of a reliable car, full motor insurance that has adequate insurance for business use.
- Deliver vocational qualification in Health and Social care up to L2 ensuring learner portfolios/workbooks are to agreed standards.
- Plan and implementing initial assessments and course reviews with learners
- Prepare and review session plans, schemes of work and teaching and learning materials using initial assessments and marked work to take into account the learners individual needs
- Provide comprehensive feedback to learners to enable them to progress
- To maintain paperwork to the minimum required standards
- To ensure learner retention is at target level
- Responsible for building and retaining relationships with employers
- Review learners’ performance in accordance with contract guidelines
- Motivate/drive learners to achieve in line with agreed targets and deadlines
- Plan the assessment process with learners – observe/ record assessment and complete all relevant documentation
- Ensure effective teaching and learning is planned and delivered according to learner’s development needs and requirements
- To ensure audit trail of the learner’s journey on qualification is maintained and recorded to evidence learning achievements and outcomes
- To provide effective IAG service to both internal and external clients/ customers
The person & qualifications
- Must have full teaching qualifications as well as assessment qualifications. (TAQA, Assessors Award, Teaching qualification, experience of assessing occupational competence AND teaching new knowledge)
- Must have relevant occupational qualifications to level 3 – occupational experience would be an advantage.
- Must have experience of teaching one to one and groups as part of vocational qualifications
- Must have experience stretching and challenging learners to be the best they can be and be ready for the next challenge.
- Must have experience integrating English and Maths support to help learners prepare for future qualifications and or job roles.
- Must have experience of working in an ESFA funded/OFSTED monitored environment and understand the compliance requirements and how they impact on this role.
- Will need to pass an enhanced background check
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.