Protocol are working alongside Harts Learning Group to recruit a Sports Centre Worker to be based at their Hitchin Campus. They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and you will be employed on a zero hour contract. The hours will be circa 8 to 12 hours per week on a rota basis. Interviews are looking to be held W/C 21st January.
- Work with the head of curriculum for sport, leisure assistants and the curriculum course teams to ensure the delivery of outstanding commercial activity and teaching and learning is achieved.
- Ensure the centre provides an outstanding facility and customer service for the community of Hitchin and the surrounding areas.
- Implement a lean, effective and efficient resource model to support the delivery of the college’s approach to teaching and learning including for example; optimised timetabling of bookings; staff utilisation across the area(s) of responsibility.
- With the deputy head of curriculum and/or team leader, lead a team of teaching and support staff; provide colleagues with inspiration, direction and support they need to deliver outstanding teaching and learning, whilst improving in their own roles
- With the support of quality and innovation colleagues, comply to the college’s systematic programme of quality assurance and improvement
- Support the college’s OfSTED inspection resulting in the best possible inspection outcome for the college and its students.
- Work with colleagues across the college to ensure we are providing necessary safeguarding support for students.
- Support with the forecast and deliver against agreed budgets for delivery of teaching and Learning and commercial activities; work with the head of curriculum to support the preparation of robust accurate finance reports.
- Work with college marketing team to implement strategy that promote and attracts commercial activity to the sports facility.
- Ensure all Health & Safety operational requirement are compliant and that all policies/risk assessments are current, eg. NOP, EAP, Risk Assessments.
- Provide first class communication and customer service to the centre users and community.
- Manage all aspects of customer invoicing ensuring that invoices are timely and accurate to enable prudent financial control.
The person & qualifications
- Previous work as a Sports Centre Worker or within a leisure centre would be ideal
- GCSE Maths & English
- Ideally educated to Degree Level
- Knowledge of Sports would be advantageous
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.