A fantastic opportunity is available at a top sixth form college based in Leicester.
The college is inclusive open-minded and are passionate about their students, staff, and positive about the future.
The position will for an ongoing position, there is a permanent post available if you get on well.
Start date: 1st April
Hours per week: 37
Hourly rate: Equivalent to £23,170 per annum (£10.75 per hour + holiday pay)
- Provide supported operational line management of all sports centre lettings staff and manage the sports centre facilities & resources.
- Be proactive in developing business and related income through the use of college facilities, developing plans as appropriate in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- Supervising fitness suite sessions and ensuring appropriate arrangements for safe use, including inductions
- To promote and develop student sports participation rates, facilitate coaching and/or delivery of sports sessions and activities.
- Facilitate the recruitment, management and deployment of a small team of student sports leaders / ambassadors to deliver a wider student sport offer, such as intra-college competitions/leagues.
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met and collaborate closely with the College’s Premises Manager to ensure safe operation of the centre and equipment.
- To contribute to the security and general maintenance of the sports centre.
The person & qualifications
A sport related/sports development qualification
English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) or above
Effective interpersonal skills, developed within a further education setting
- Experience in managing people, especially in a sports or FE setting
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.