Protocol are delighted to be working with a UK charity whose mission is to promote qualifications, training and skills. They are a registration and certification authority for apprenticeships and work-based education who work with occupational groups across multiple sectors.
Our client is looking for a Standards and Qualifications Portfolio Developer on a 6-month fixed-term contract with the potential to extend or become permanent, dependent on performance and available funding. This role will require travel to the office in Kettering and/or stakeholder premises on occasion.
- Working with the Standards & Qualifications Portfolio Manager to build business cases and act as subject matter experts on all standards, qualifications and frameworks in the portfolio
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project proposals
- Develop new or carry out reviews of NOS, qualification and framework ensuring they are up to date and aligned with employer and industry/regulatory requirements
- Engage with employers and other key stakeholders to ensure all policy changes and product specification changes are adopted into the portfolio and communicated as necessary
- Manage projects to ensure efficient planning, management and execution of activities, including delivery of projects to time and budget
- Produce Labour Market Intelligence for all relevant sectors and ensure these are distributed to stakeholders and used to inform the development plan for the client
- Comply with policies and procedures for all standards, qualifications and frameworks
- Establish and maintain stakeholder forums ensuring the needs of Awarding Organisations, Training Providers and Employers are captured and products developed to meet those needs
- Take responsibility for resources and planning budgets to deliver against projects
- Evaluate the success of each project to ensure best practice is employed and update processes or procedures in line with Company policy or regulatory changes
- Analyse and update all internal systems and processes for regulated units, qualifications, apprenticeships and standards development in line with regulatory requirements
- Maintain awareness of changes within the regulated qualifications landscape; including funding, and anticipate and plan for any business impact
- Manage consultants/third parties in the context of service delivery activities. Acting as relationship manager for any nominated external stakeholders
The person & qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with knowledge of NOS, qualifications and apprenticeship frameworks across the UK desirable
- Experience in a similar role within the Skills sector or a background in Skills systems preferable
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/facts quickly and highlight the key information
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Previous experience managing projects for a variety of stakeholders
- Innovative mind-set and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Effective and decisive decision maker
- Experience of developing and implementing quality management systems to meet regulatory requirements
- Project Management qualifications desirable
- Experience with a range of project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience of developing strong business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to complete projects, raise profile and highlight new business opportunities
- Confident and competent in managing multiple stakeholders, both meeting and challenging their expectations to deliver the best value
- Positive outlook with a clear focus on achievement of objectives
- Attention to detail, commercial awareness and the ability to meet deadlines with a ‘right first time’ approach
- Presents ideas clearly and gets the point across in front of customers, consultants and others
- A commitment to Continued Professional Development
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.