Protocol are recruiting in partnership with a leading training provider recruiting for a Standards Manager who will be responsible for managing the development and maintenance of standards including apprenticeship, training standards, working with employers and stakeholders across the UK.
You will use your knowledge of the education and skills landscape, industry and statutory requirements, to provide technical expertise to employers, stakeholders and Cogent colleagues, and to ensure the successful delivery of standards and qualifications that meet relevant quality criteria
- To support employers to identify, develop and maintain a suite of science sector Apprenticeship Standards
- Develop employer commissioned products including new Apprenticeship standards, occupational standards, training standards and courses and qualifications as required
- Provide a secretariat service for the relevant employer Trailblazer groups including managing the end-to-end process of a standards and end point assessment development to the agreed timelines
- Lead work with the Research Manager to produce demand profiles for Apprenticeships in the science sector, using primary and secondary sources
The person & qualifications
- A degree or equivalent level qualification or relevant experience of skills product development
- Experience of working with Standards, including Apprenticeships Standards, ideally up to higher levels
- Experience of coordinating a team to deliver a programme of development and reviewing against objectives
- Experience of assessment and assessment systems and processes (especially around new standards)
- Understanding of Training standards, how they are developed and used
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.