We at Protocol are recruiting for a fantastic vocational specialist college in the Central London area are looking for a full-time permanent Student Services Manager to join the college’s friendly Operations team to manage their Student Services provision.
- Target management and reporting
- Enrolment to target.
- Monitoring of withdrawals in line with targets
- Ensure effective communication across the teams at all times to meet the needs of the business
- Management of systems and processes to ensure positive impact on retention and achievement targets.
- Team and individual deadlines are met.
- Regular reporting to senior management across all relevant areas including; Events, Marketing and survey analysis, enrolment to all published targets and learner outcomes.
- Documentation and processes are maintained in line with internal and external audit requirements against all funding streams
- Ensure departments are following college approved policies and procedures.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of operational functions across the departments, including the MIS REMS system.
- Monitoring and reporting of enquiry and application statistics, communicate findings and analysis with senior management.
- Close monitoring of learner progression rates with BSU and promotion of learner internal progression
- Ensure that departments maintain the high standards of quality and performance for The Matrix Standard for Internal and External IAG (Information, Advice, and Guidance) and the Training Quality Standard (TQS) and Investors in People
- Monitor data entry across each department to ensure accurate Individual Learner Record input and reporting
- Work directly with audit in relation to ensuring a timely and clean Individual Learner Record (ILR) submission
- Ensure all departments meet the standards of inspection for Ofsted and Common Inspection Framework
- Ensure all departments are working to current legislation, policies and procedures
- Maintain and update knowledge of legislation and changes affecting the education and industry sectors
- Attendance of all relevant meetings internally and externally to maintain knowledge and contribute to continuous improvement of the college
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working within a college with an Ofsted/Ali inspection Grade 1 or 2
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of communicating and reporting at a senior level
- IAG Level 3 Qualification or working towards one
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and advanced in Excel
- Experience of public funding
- Experience of Individual learner Record (ILR)
- Experience of participation in college Ofsted and ALI inspections
- Experience of working within a IIP and Matrix framework
- Experience of preparation for Audit, Inspection, new standards
- Excellent team leader and team player
- Proven experience of meeting performance targets
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A strong orientation towards goal and target achievement
- Adaptability, a propensity to be flexible where necessary.
- Professional discretion, maintaining a professional and effective manner with staff and learners
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Experience of using a database
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.