Protocol are recruiting for an exciting vacancy for an experienced telesales officer in Darlington working for a leading organisation. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to generate course bookings and to provide a first class quality customer service and achieve maximum course sales in line with company targets.
Benefits of working for the organisation
- Salary £17,000 to £20,000 dependent on experience
- Life Assurance
- On-going training and support
- 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Holiday buy back scheme
- On-going training and support
- On site parking
- To work as part of a team to ensure that Course sales targets are met and that excellent customer service is achieved
- To work with the Course Booking Coordinator to understand course content and how courses are to be delivered, targeted and populated
- Participate in Objection handling days, contributing to the creation of key selling strategies for each courses
- To create strong employer relationships and provide feedback on employer requirements
- Utilise social media in line with company policy to engage employers and generate course sales
- Maintenance of the customer contact and relationship management systems, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Attendance at exhibitions, conferences, trade shows manning Academy/Cogent stand when necessary
- Support other members of the operations team
- Support the production of regular sales reports
- Assist in general administration duties when required in order to meet KPI’s and targets.
The person & qualifications
- Experience in working in a sales team
- A self-starter with good organisational skills, and the ability to engage with people of all levels.
- Previous experience of achieving KPI’s and targets
- A creative approach to sales, with innovative approaches to maximising potential sales.
- A strong communicator with the ability to negotiate and motivate, resulting in positive results
- Demonstrated advanced IT skills – MS Office 2007/Vista; specifically excel and access
- Strong interpersonal skills – an effective ambassador;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure, willing to work flexible hours in-line with business needs;
- Willing to travel to external sites and attend events out of hours;
- Understanding of the sector and skills issues an advantage;
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.