We are currently working with a fantastic college in Twickenham who are looking for a Performing Arts Theatre technician for a role commencing after half term. The post will be for 5 hours a week over 1 day – Wednesday. This hourly rate of this role will be £13.13 per hour plus holiday pay and the college are looking to interview immediately.
- Order equipment and materials related to the running of the Theatre section
- Maintain and store all stocks of materials safely and ensure there are adequate supplies of required materials to each area
- Maintain records and inventories for all equipment
- Maintain all classrooms and workshops in excellent working in order to support teaching and learning and support lecturing staff
- This will require repeated daily checks on classrooms and equipment and the application of appropriate and timely action where necessary to ensure classes and lecturers are supported
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to equipment as necessary and where possible
- Discuss with all lecturers the requirements for lessons, ensure they are supported and advise on the use of specialist equipment and techniques.
- Discuss any matters involving orders, equipment, repairs, etc with the service engineers and sales representatives ensuring appropriate works are carried out
- Be responsible for setting up of equipment for demonstrations and lectures that need to be ready in advance.Keep up to date with new equipment and techniques
- Be responsible for the regular display of learner work from all levels and courses in College and departmental areas
- Ensure high quality support to staff and students in order to raise achievement.
- Supervise groups of students as part of DSS, this will include marking registers to record attendance, and cover.
The person & qualifications
- Have a DBS on the update service or applied for
- Have experience as a Performing Arts Technician
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.