Working on behalf of another leading EPAO, Protocol are looking for high level experts in their field of work within the Supply Chain, Warehousing and Large Goods Vehicle field, with an assessor’s qualification such as CAVA or A1, to assess apprentices on these Level 2 qualifications:
- Large Goods Vehicle Driver
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
Knowledge of and occupational competence in both these areas is essential for this role.
Independent Assessment ensures apprentices have the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours detailed in the Standard, which outlines the Core Competencies of the role. End-point Assessors will undertake the final assessment of the learners, using different methods to check that apprentices meet these requirements. They will usually travel to apprentices’ workplaces to complete observations and professional discussions and will spend between a few hours and a full day with each learner.
This EPA role is full time, permanent, and to start as soon as possible. We are looking for candidates happy to travel across the South of England. Mileage will be paid door to door and overnight stays should be expected.
- Undertaking the final assessment of an apprentice on the LGV and SCWO Standards to ensure they are fully competent for the role
- Assess without prejudice or bias in a fair and honest way
- Work with internal quality systems that ensure consistency, fairness and reliability of performance and evidence collection
- Provide constructive feedback and ensure assessment reports are high quality and recorded accurately
- Maintain occupational and assessment skills and experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Recent occupational experience in the LGV and Warehousing sectors from the past 12 months
- An assessor’s qualification (ie: CAVA, A1, D32/33)
Essential Skills and Abilities
- The assessor must be someone who has nothing to gain from the outcome of the assessment and must not have been involved in the training and/or line management of the apprentice
- Evidence of regularly updated continuing professional development (CPD) to demonstrate practical experience and updated occupational expertise. This will cover updated knowledge and skills, changes to legislation and consider the latest developments in the sector
- Excellent understanding of the standard(s) for the new apprenticeship frameworks, including specific knowledge in the industry area for the standard
- Understanding of regulators’ requirements: Ofqual, SFA, industry bodies
- Practise standardised assessment principles as set out by Highfield
- Competent in carrying out the assessments specified and grading the apprenticeship in line with the requirements set out in the assessment plan
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports in a number of formats; giving both results and constructive feedback and support
- IT proficient, including the use of web conferencing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to effectively prioritise
- Able to work independently but also lead a team, if required
Desirable Skills & Abilities
- Flexibility to travel across the UK
- Willingness to agree to overnight stays away from home, if required
- Hold a recognised current workplace assessment qualification
- Hold an IQA or IV award
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.