We at Protocol are partnered with an established FE College based in Buckinghamshire and are recruiting for a Wood Assessor on a full time permanent basis working across 52 weeks.
This colleges offers a variety of construction courses educating the next generation of construction industry professionals.
- To deliver vocational training, assess and verify (where appropriate) college provision to a variety of environments, to enable learner to successfully achieve their qualifications in a timely manner
- Be primarily responsible for the recruitment of employers for apprentice placements and ensure that they are aware of their training obligations. Recruit suitable apprentices to match employer’s needs
- It is the primary responsibility of the post holder to ensure that agreed targets are achieved
- To attend relevant employer and sector networking groups to raise the profile of the College and the provisions available.
- To recruit appropriate learners for Training e.g. Apprenticeships
- To follow recruitment procedures for learners and ensure that effective initial assessment, advice and guidance is carried out
- To carry out Health and Safety audits in the workplace and monitor learners’ health and safety
The person & qualifications
- Hold an Assessing qualification
- Minimum level 3 qualification in Carpentry and Joinery
- Knowledge of the National Standards
- Previous assessing experience from levels 1-3
- Access to own vehicle
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.