We are working with a fantastic college in Harrow who are looking for a Work Experience Co-Ordinator in Health & Social Care for an immediate start. Covering 15 hours per week 8:45 – 2:45 on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (15 hrs per week) The colleeg are offering an hourly rate of £14 per hour plus holiday pay.
- Identifying new work experience opportunities with employers.
- Collating information centrally on existing work experience placements and supporting course teams in preparing students for Work Experience.
- Liaising with actual and potential work experience providers, academic managers, teaching staff and students.
- To liaise closely with academic managers to identify appropriate work experience placement opportunities for students on full time programmes.
- To establish and maintain a database of work experience placements that draws together existing work experience placements and new work experience opportunities as these are identified and secured by the postholder.
- To build and maintain good relationships with work experience providers by initiating contact and responding to subsequent enquiries/communications promptly and effectively.
- To work with Performance and Quality Manager to develop, disseminate and collate employer and student feedback to inform quality improvement strategies
- To establish and manage effective communication processes between the various partners involved in setting up and operating work experience arrangements – providers, academic managers, teaching staff and students
- To ensure pre placement Health and Safety checks are carried out prior to students commencing their work placement/experience
- To maintain standard documentation (eg letters etc) to cover all aspects of the administration processes connected with establishing a coordinated College-wide work experience programme
- To monitor and report on the routine work experience visits by teaching staff during the placement period
- To maintain relevant management information systems including Customer Relationship Database to ensure transparency and be able to manipulate data accurately.
- To establish a system for recording student attendance and punctuality at work experience placements and subsequent follow-up arrangements if any problems emerge in these areas
- To work with providers to identify future potential employment opportunities for students
- To promote Equal Opportunities and implement the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To work occasional evenings and weekends as required. To comply with all relevant Health and Safety Regulations and assist the College in the implementation of its own Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure that the College’s Safeguarding Policy is implemented with regard to work experience placements
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the scale and grade of the post.
The person & qualifications
- Must have a DBS on the update service or applied for
- Must have experience as a Work Experience Co-Ordinator
- Must have a full, clean driving license and own transport
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.