The purpose of an Apprentice Support Officer is to ensure our learners have thorough guidance and support for the duration of their apprenticeship programme, meeting all KPI’s and national targets set to the highest possible standard.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day monitoring of allocated learner caseload, supporting achievement of the National Business Plan.
- To confidently work in a remote call centre environment, being disciplined to set own daily tasks and activities for the day, effectively managing a large caseload.
- To promote JTL’s commitment to safeguarding and the health, safety and welfare of apprentices and ensure on-going pastoral responsibilities, dealing with any issues in accordance with JTL procedures.
- To ensure timely escalation of any learner issues identified including Health and Safety, ALS and Safeguarding, following relevant procedures in doing so.
- To have an awareness of compliance in regard to engagement, assessment and quality.
- To gather evidence of satisfaction levels of candidates through questionnaires and learner forums.
- To complete learner reviews, including, 6-8 Week Engagement Reviews, OTJ Progress Reviews, Skill Gap Analysis Progress Reviews, and Gateway / Exit Progress Reviews.
- To manage all Learner and Employer Enquiries in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- To record relevant information accurately, timely and using designated data portals as instructed.
- To be able to support learners in completion of 20% off the job and Prevent training.
- To provide and facilitate accurate data to inform corporate management information.
- To have an understanding of college timetabling, placements, and streaming.
- To monitor responses from Apprentice questionnaires and collate feedback/highlight issues.
- To manage all Assessor and regional enquiries in a timely and efficient manner offering support and guidance where needed.
- To offer additional professional guidance and advice; for School Support / Careers Fairs etc.
- To attend regular virtual and face to face meetings as and when required.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in JTL’s products and services ensuring personal and professional knowledge is up to date.
JTL is one of the largest work-based learning providers in England and Wales working with over 3,800 businesses from large corporations to small local suppliers. We currently work with 8,000 learners and train more apprentices than anyone else in the building services engineering sector.
JTL holds contracts with the Education Skills Funding Agency in England and for Welsh Government funding in Wales and all our funding is reinvested in apprenticeship training. We have evolved to also provide a growing choice of professional development training for those already working within the industries.
JTL have appointed Protocol to be their exclusive partner for this recruitment exercise and therefore all enquiries should be addressed to Protocol.
Before applying please download and read the all of the supporting documents. Then please complete the following documents and email them to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Apprentice Support Officer”:
- A completed JTL Application Form
- A brief covering letter
- An Equal Opportunities Form
Protocol will send an acknowledgement of receipt via email to all applicants within 24 hours.
Selected applicants will be invited to undertake a suite of testing, prior to a formal interview.
We anticipate the interviews taking place in mid-late May, with successful candidates commencing their new roles in late June 2021.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact one of the team:
- James Schofield, 07415 426 491
- Josh Smith, 0115 911 1167
- Josh Bown, 07711 020 301
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum
Posted date: 12/03/2021
Closing Date: TBC