To enable and support young people with additional needs to be successful on their chosen course. Ability to work in a variety of curriculum areas and flexibility across the week to ensure appropriate cover.
Ability/experience of supporting students to develop their communication and social skills would be an advantage.
- To provide effective support to students on a range of programmes with individuals with differing needs to enable them to meet their learning objectives.
- To work with identified students in supporting the delivery of the objectives as set out in individual Education and Health Care Plans.
- To support learners in or out of class, on work placements and during lunch and break times as required to ensure the safety of the students.
- To check equipment used by learners and report any requirements to teaching staff to ensure efficient, safe and effective use of resources.
- To liaise with teaching staff regarding the needs of individual learners, and assist in the preparation of teaching materials to ensure effective learning.
- To assist with assessment where appropriate and support the delivery of access arrangements for summative examinations if required to ensure there are no barriers to the learner achieving their full potential.
- To participate in team meetings and staff development to ensure maintenance of professional standards and responsibilities and the continuous quality improvement of the area.
- To record support and progress made on the College’s student database.
Benefits of working for us:
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite café
- 30 days annual leave for Business Support colleagues and 40 days for Academic colleagues, plus 2 weeks at Christmas
- Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health
- Excellent pension schemes
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Learning and development
- Continuing Professional Development
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £9.50 per hour, Term Time only - up to 37 hours per week
Posted date: 02/08/2021
Closing Date: 12/09/2021