To deliver high quality and innovative teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the IT Faculty. The department runs BTEC programmes from level 1 to level 5 and includes IT, Games and Esports.
The role will include leading and supporting in effectively preparing for the upcoming T Level programme delivery.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal Curriculum and Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent/carers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of learners.
- To take overall responsibility for the Health & Safety of students within the teaching area and conduct relevant risk assessments where appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally have a specialism in:
- Games Design, Software development and programming (ability to programme in Python, VB.net, C # or C++) with knowledge of advance database system, information systems and MIS systems
- It would also be desirable for the candidate to hold vendor qualification (e.g. Microsoft Cisco).
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £35,655 per annum
Posted date: 02/06/2021
Closing Date: 04/07/2021