Macclesfield College has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Lecturer in Childcare to join our friendly team. The post will involve the marketing, delivery and assessment of full-time study programmes to Level 2 and 3 students across a range of awarding bodies.
You will be joining a committed team of practitioners within a curriculum area that benefits from large student numbers. The team are committed and driven to ensure the best experiences are given to the learners through innovative teaching and learning in a well – resourced College
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programs using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal -Curriculum & Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent / careers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of learners.
- To take overall responsibility for the Health & Safety of students within the teaching area and conduct relevant risk assessments where appropriate.
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the College’s Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies and schemes.
- To comply with the College’s Data Protection policy in relation to the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal and/or sensitive information.
- To take personal and professional responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the subject area.
- To comply with the College’s Professional Work Dress Code Policy
- To comply with the College’s commitments of the COVID-19 Policy, Risk Assessments, & Staff Charter.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected, commensurate with your salary, both within and, where required, external to the College.
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £35,655 per annum
Posted date: 24/05/2021
Closing Date: TBC