This role is suited to a highly motivated professional who will deliver inspiring teaching and learning. The successful candidate will work as part of an existing team to support the delivery of high-quality science-based courses across the College including, BTEC level 3, year 1 & 2.
1. To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
2. To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
3. To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
4. To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal -Curriculum & Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
5. To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
6. To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent/careers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
7. To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of learners.
8. To take overall responsibility for the Health & Safety of students within the teaching area and conduct relevant risk assessments where appropriate.
9. To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the College’s Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies and schemes.
10. To comply with the College’s Data Protection policy in relation to the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal and/or sensitive information.
11. To comply with the College’s Professional Work Dress Code Policy.
12. To comply with the College’s commitments of the COVID-19 Policy, Risk Assessments, & Staff Charter.
13. To take personal and professional responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the subject area.
14. To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected, commensurate with your salary, both within and, where required, external to the College.
The post will primarily cover BTEC level 3, year 1 & 2.
The post may require some evening work.
Benefits of working for us:
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite café
- 30 days annual leave for Business Support colleagues and 40 days for Academic colleagues, plus 2 weeks at Christmas
- Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health
- Excellent pension schemes
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Learning and development
- Continuing Professional Development
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: Up to £36,011 per annum depending on experience and qualifications
Posted date: 05/10/2021
Closing Date: 17/10/2021