This role will play a vital part in achieving the Colleges Mission and Vision as this post will support essential functions of the MIS Team which play a key role in accurate management of College data.
The post holder will be work with the other college staff to administrate and organise all of the student record information held across the College in accordance with specific regulations and to ensure daily priorities of the MIS Team are met.
- To check/monitor online attendance input by Tutors on a daily basis & to action and change register marks as requested by Tutors.
- Respond to enquiries from learners, parents and authorised third parties about enrolment queries and resolve any issues.
- To form part of a dedicated enrolment team offering an online enrolment service for students and ID badge production.
- To file all student records & archive old student records and set up in current year.
- To set up courses as instructed by the Director of MIS & Exam/MIS & Reporting Team Leader using course set up plans or course creation forms and produce a code to enable students to be enrolled.
- To action any amendments, additions, to course set up ensuring course offer is an accurate reflection of the Curriculum Planning.
- To ensure all courses have a timetable and an Official College registers either online or paper, building & updating registers on the system.
- To liaise with the Exam section regarding up to date qualification codes, exams and registration fees, assisting with room bookings for exams.
- To action all amendments through the MIS inbox, transfers, withdrawals, completions, timetable changes etc.
- To liaise with HR when new/old staff, start/leave the college ensuring the system is accurate and up to date.
- To rollover all curriculum on the system ready for new academic year, create module templates, quality check learning aim fields and setup new courses or delete any not running in forthcoming year.
- To liaise with and support Heads of Faculties/Programme Leaders and Tutors during all data reconciliation exercises, internal and external inspections and audits.
- To reconcile registers at the end of the course and stage progress all learners including processing college devised qualification results as reported by Heads of Faculties/Programme Leaders and Tutors.
- Work closely within the MIS Team to ensure that actual end dates of students are accurately recorded to assist with achievement data collection.
- To liaise with Heads of Faculty, Programme Leaders and Tutors regarding course timetabling, actioning any changes and producing up to date printed timetables for courses and tutors.
- To investigate, identify and resolve any course, student, and timetable and register anomalies as identified.
- Attend MIS and Examinations Team meetings to ensure that the work flow between the departments is efficient and meets the needs of this essential support service for learners.
- To action Learner Records Service database ensuring the correct recording of student details ensuring each learner has a unique learner reference number.
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £20,157 per annum
Posted date: 07/05/2021
Closing Date: TBC