Moulton College is seeking its next Vice Principal, Curriculum and Quality and they are looking for a special leader, who’s keen to make their mark on this remarkable institution.
The college recently celebrated the fabulous milestone of its 100-year anniversary, a heritage which has seen it grow from an agricultural college to a thriving FE provider, with university level courses. The last three years have been unprecedented, with an incredible turnaround leading to an Ofsted “Good” rating in November 2021.
Set in picturesque Northamptonshire countryside, the college estate is farmed on sound environmental principles and good agricultural practice and animal welfare. Students travel from all over Northamptonshire and, as well as the main site at Moulton, the college also has courses running at Higham Ferrers, to the east of Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will possess a track record of achievement in teaching, learning and assessment, with a demonstrable understanding of curriculum development, quality enhancement and student engagement. You will be used to managing large scale projects, dealing with internal and external stakeholders, and delivering to deadlines. The ability to present in written and verbal form to Governors and staff is a given, as is a positive, can-do, collaborative approach when working with colleagues and students. Managing budgets and data will be second nature and you will relish the opportunity to coach and support others, to enable your teams to develop and flourish. This role involves the line management of the Director of Curriculum, Director of Quality, and the Director of Teaching Learning and Assessment.
Now is the time to come and join us as we continue on our journey to outstanding.
We are a specialist land-based college with almost one hundred years’ experience in training young people and adults in skills associated with the natural, built and recreational environment.
We are committed to working closely with employers to ensure that the curriculum we deliver is relevant to their current and future needs.
Whether you are a school leaver, returning to college after a break, looking for professional development or wanting to combine study with work, you’ll find the perfect course at Moulton.
To provide high quality education and skills development leading to talented, committed, industry-focused and career ready students.
Moulton College is a specialist, innovative, industry-led technical and vocational College, recognised as a market leader in supporting people to access skills and progress into the world of work.
- Our proud tradition as an excellent Land based provider of education will be retained and enhanced. Alongside this, we will develop a complimentary curriculum that has a strong emphasis on the environment and associated technologies.
- Our ambition to become a carbon neutral college will permeate throughout the organisation and be evident in all we do.
- Sustainability will be at the heart of everything we do.
- We will become a well-being centre of excellence for both students and staff.
- We will promote a safe and healthy environment to learn and work.
- Our culture will be people centric and our curriculum growth will focus on future technologies and environmental sustainability.
- Our programmes will be forward thinking, engaging, and constantly motivate our students to higher levels of attainment.
- We will deliver facilities, a curriculum, education and training that meets the needs of our stakeholders and facilitates progression to employment.
- Our programmes will be inclusive and our processes will allow us to measure the social impact of the College.
Our values are ambitious, supportive and inclusive. They are determined by the Moulton team.
- Student-centred organisation with ambition and high expectations.
- Making a difference to people’s lives.
- Delivering a high quality service.
- Working together positively as a team.
- Working with integrity, honesty and openness.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Ian Sackree (07795 271559) or Vanessa Rhodes (07554 354404)
If you wish to apply for this position, then please:
Complete the application form and email to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Vice Principal – Curriculum & Quality” or post to Nadia Wells, Protocol, The Point, Welbeck Road, Nottingham, NG2 7QW. You should also complete the equal opportunities form and attach a CV. In your application please explain your motivation for applying and the knowledge and experience you can bring to the role and, in particular, your ability to meet the criteria laid out in the person specification (NB – no more than 3 sides of A4, font 11, Arial).
Protocol will send an acknowledgement of receipt via email to all applicants within 24 hours. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, then please call Ian Sackree on 07795 271559.
It is important that you give evidence of your experience and knowledge, showing how this matches the criteria set out in the person specification.
Please provide the names, addresses and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. We expect to take up references for candidates who have been shortlisted unless you tell us otherwise.
Closing date for applications
Tuesday 25 January 2022 (noon)
Opportunity to visit the College, tour the facilities and meet the Principal and Chief Executive
Monday 31 January 2022
Thursday 10 and Friday 11 February 2022
Organisation: Moulton College
Location: Moulton, Northamptonshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Posted date: 04/01/2022
Closing Date: 25/01/2022