To provide high quality tutorial provision and passionate delivery of pastoral care to all students in the College.
To quickly establish a strong rapport with students to support them to remove barriers to learning and working with students to maximize their progress. Maintaining high expectations and high standards and discipline in line with college systems.
To contribute to the writing and preparation of outstanding sessions. To oversee the academic and pastoral progress of a specified caseload of students. Mentoring for those learners in need of additional support.
- Assist Curriculum Business Leads and curriculum staff by providing tutorial, pastoral and behavioural support for students within a tutorial group.
- To produce high quality resources and deliver an outstanding Tutorial Programme across the College to a specified caseload of students.
- Provision of 1-2-1 tutorial support to a specified caseload of students and making referrals to additional support where necessary.
- Provision of additional individual pastoral support on a needs-related basis.
- Assisting Curriculum Business Leaders and curriculum staff with implementing strategies to improve retention and achievement
- Attendance at multi-agency meetings for students where necessary.
- Working with identified students for action planning and behaviour management.
- Attendance monitoring and tracking of students across all areas of their programme of study and setting appropriate targets where necessary.
- Supporting progression events ensuring that students have appropriate access to external agencies or internal staff to make informed choices on their destination.
- Provide assistance to students in the disciplinary process.
- Liaise and maintain contact with parents and guardians for the duration of the students programme.
- Represent the College positively and highly effectively in all dealings with external partners, parents, stakeholder and agencies.
- Attend marketing events such as Interview or Open Evenings as required.
- Participate in staff development activities and develop and deliver team development activities and be responsible for continuous professional development to enable performance in line with the duties of the role.
Benefits of working for us:
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite café
- 30 days annual leave for Business Support colleagues and 40 days for Academic colleagues, plus 2 weeks at Christmas
- Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health
- Excellent pension schemes
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Learning and development
- Continuing Professional Development
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £19,668 per annum (Actual)
Posted date: 24/10/2021
Closing Date: 31/10/2021