A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Sales Ledger/Credit Control Assistant to participate in maintaining the accounting records of the College and in developing and improving its financial and internal control procedures under the direction of the Finance Manager, with particular emphasis on the College’s Sales Ledger/credit control function.
Hours: Part time – 4 days per week
The role involves maintaining the College Sales Ledger system including the raising and posting of student invoices from the College management information system.
- Completing month-end reconciliations of the Sales Ledger to the General Ledger and management information system and investigate reasons for variances.
- Provide debtor information and assist in management reporting as required.
- Monitor HE and Advance Learning Loan payments and liaise with the Student Loans Company to resolve queries.
- Liaise with other departments including MIS and Student Guidance to resolve issues surrounding outstanding student debts.
- Assist in the efficient processing of refunds in accordance with College procedures.
- Liaise with the MIS department to identify issues within the invoicing process and to update data as required.
- Prepare the daily banking from the till receipts, including reconciling to enrolment forms and other paperwork.
- Assist the Finance department with all daily and monthly administration tasks as required.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
Benefits of working for us:
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite café
- 30 days annual leave for Business Support colleagues and 40 days for Academic colleagues, plus 2 weeks at Christmas
- Employee Assistance Programme and occupational health
- Excellent pension schemes
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Learning and development
- Continuing Professional Development
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £18,460 per annum (pro rata)
Posted date: 12/10/2021
Closing Date: 24/10/2021